I currently teach in the Level 1 Special Education classroom at Linn Grove. I primarily work with students in Early Childhood Blended Program (ECBP) – 1st grades. I have my BA in elementary education from The University of Northern Iowa with an emphasis in special education (behavior disorders, mental disabilities), a masters is special education from The University of Northern Iowa and an administrative degree from University of Iowa.
I have taught in the Linn Mar district since 1993. I have taught at Wilkins Elementary as a K-5 mutli-categorical special education teacher, Indian Creek as a K-5 multi-categorical special education teacher, Connections as a facilitator of an off-site program for K-9th grade students with severe behavioral and emotional difficulties, and I am presently at Linn Grove as a student support (special education) teacher.
I can be reached at 319-730-3513 or calling the office at 319-739-3500. Calling before school, 7:30-8:15 or after 3:15 works the best for me most days. Please, leave a message with your phone number and best times to reach you and I will return your calls.
I have three boys (21, 19 and 13) who I try and keep up with at night, though you can always e-mail me and I will get back to you within a day.
Level 1 Special Education
Linn Grove Elementary
- Plan lessons that teach students subjects, such as reading and math, and skills, such as studying and communicating with others.
- Assess students to evaluate their abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Teach lessons they have planned to an entire class of students or to smaller groups.
- Grade students’ assignments to monitor their progress.
- Communicate with parents about their child’s progress.
- Work with students individually to help them overcome specific learning challenges
- Develop and enforce classroom rules to teach children proper behavior.