To get to my PowerTeacher Pro site –
1) sign in to PowerSchool for Students from the LM homepage
2) On the top right of the window click on arrow (near the printer icon),
3) select PowerSchool Learning.
OR download powerschool app – district code LWKS
BE A LEARNER – NOT A POINT EARNER!!! If you truly learn the skills & content, the ‘points’ will automatically be there.
- COLLEGE-PREP social studies elective for juniors & seniors
- REQUIRES use of higher order thinking skills (NOT just definitions, but application & analysis)
- Students are expected to complete reading assignments outside of class time and must take responsibility for their own behavior.
- Hands-on format that requires active student participation
- BE SURE TO SEE THE HOMEWORK SCHEDULE POSTED BY UNIT. This is the students’ responsibility
- How is Psychology a (social) science? What do psychologists do?
- What are the 7 basic types of Learning (according to psychologists)?
- What is developmentally appropriate across the life span?
- How can you use personality theories to analysis a case study?
- What are some of the current mental health issues?
The one who does the work is the one who learns – STUDENTS must be prepared to work in this class!
Psychology is the scientific study of human behavior. No two people are the same & no one person is the same from one minute to the next.
There are links to one or more web sites on this page that are external to the Linn-Mar Community School District web site and the Linn-Mar CSD is not responsible for the content contained on any of these sites.
YOU WILL NEED A 3-RING NOTEBOOK FOR CLASS HANDOUTS